Welcome to The Driskill Hotel. Built in 1886 as the showplace of
cattle baron Jesse Driskill The Driskill remains a landmark of
Texas hospitality. As a member of The Historic Hotels of America
and Associated Luxury Hotels International The Driskill offers an
elite level of luxury and service to rank as one the world's finest
hotels. Located in downtown Austin the legendary historic hotel is
convenient to all the city has to offer including the Texas State
Capitol Austin Convention Center opera symphony fine dining
shopping and Austins 6th Street music scene. Known as the Live
Music Capital of the World Austin is home to almost 200 music
venues many within walking distance of The Driskill.
Wine Spectator Americas leading wine appreciation magazine has
honored The Driskill Grill with their 2009 Best of Award of
Excellence. The Best of Award of Excellence according to Wine
Spectator is given to restaurants whose wine lists offer a
carefully chosen selection of quality producers along with a
thematic match to the menu in both price and style and the Driskill
Grill is the only restaurant within Austin City limits to have
received this honor.
Destination Earth is preserving the environment one destination at a time…
We are proud to have created a Destination Earth taskforce, comprised of leaders throughout the organization and representing hotel and resort operations, to ensure that all departments of Destination Hotels & Resorts are personally invested in the program.
…Join us as we continue on the journey of environmental stewardship. The Driskill Hotel is committed to maintaining the superior guest experience you expect while reducing our impact on the earth's natural resources.
- Establishment of a property specific "green team" at each Destination property nationwide, to adopt and implement earth-friendly practices in our businesses and to become better stewards of the natural resources we utilize. Finally, to monitor effectiveness of these practices.
- Sourcing environmentally sensitive products and services locally, and purchasing organic, environmentally friendly/responsible and recycled supplies, whenever possible.
- Purchasing fresh, and sustainable foods locally grown, whenever possible.
- Creating partnerships with other organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to preserving the environment.
- Leading our associates to apply eco-friendly practices in their daily operations.
- Utilizing environmentally-responsible building materials and strategies for new properties and renovations to reduce environmental impact.
- Retrofitting existing properties with energy efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems, as well as water-saving devices.
- Implementing tools that allow us to continually measure the progress of our individual properties and support their commitment to preserving the environment through the Destination Earth program.
- ATM/Cash Machine
- Bell Staff
- Boat Rentals
- Breakfast Buffet
- Business Center
- Cable/Satellite Television
- City Center Location
- Coffee Shop / Cafe
- Connecting Rooms (Based on Availability)
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning/Valet Laundry
- Express Check In/Out
- Fitness Center
- Front Desk Open 24 Hours
- Ice Machine
- In-Room Ceiling Fans
- In-Room Data Port
- In-Room Mini Bars
- Internet Access
- Jogging Track
- Maid Service
- Massage/Spa Services
- Meeting Facilities
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Private Bathrooms
- Room Service
- Room Service (Available 24 Hours)
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- U.S. Government Fire Safety Approved
- Valet Parking
- Wedding Services
- Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Time: 12:00 PM