Palm Springs , CA
Experience the Adventure of riding the worlds largest rotating tramcars at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Rising over two and one half miles to a scenic wonderland, the Trams two 80-passenger cars revolve slowly from within, providing a spectacular 360-degree view of the desert and surrounding area. Guests begin their adventure at the Trams Valley Station, at an elevation of 2,643 feet and travel through five unique life zones (comparable to a motor trip from the hot Sonoran Desert to the Alpine Wilderness), as they ascend to the Trams Mountain Station.
The Mountain Station is located at an elevation of 8,516 feet and sits within the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto National Monument Area. The Mountain Station features spectacular viewpoints, the Peaks upscale restaurant, Pines casual cafe, Lookout Lounge, gift shop, natural history museum and a theatre showing Building on a Dream the history and construction of the Tramway. Just outside the Mountain Station are some 54 miles of hiking trails, primitive campgrounds, a ranger station and the Winter Adventure Center with cross-country ski and snowshoe tube equipment rentals (snow conditions permitting).
The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is located just minutes from downtown Palm Springs and just a two-hour drive from Los Angeles or San Diego.
Cars depart at least every half hour with the first car up Monday-Friday at 10am; first car up weekends and holiday periods at 8am.
Holidays Blackout Date & Closure Dates:
- Christmas Holiday (December 17, 2018-January 6, 2019)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend (January 19-21, 2019)
- President's Day Weekend (February 16-18, 2019)
- Easter Sunday (April 21, 2019)
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27, 2019)
- 4th of July Holiday (July 4, 2019)
- Labor Day Weekend (August 31 - September 2, 2019)
- Tramway Annual Maintenance Closure (September 9-October 4, 2019)
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend (November 28-December 1, 2019)
- Christmas Holiday (December 16, 2019-January 5, 2020)